Monday, August 18, 2008

It's Monday

Why is it the weeks go by so fast? Seems you blink, and they are gone. I did have a good weekend though. Jeff and I borrowed my brother's houseboat on Saturday, and spent the night out on the lake. It was nice. I truthfully didn't want to go, because it needed a lot of work as no one had used it yet this year, so I envisioned WORK. Jeff and my brother Doug had made sure everything was working (necessities) and cleaned it a bit. So, it wasn't nearly as bad as I had anticipated. I did do some cleaning on Sunday. And no we didn't go to church. I know we felt a bit odd because we love our church! However, I am sure Dwight would understand, and excuse us. Jeff desperately needed some time away that was relaxing, that didn't involve driving for nearly 20 hours. We both felt rested, so much so that we could hardly keep our eyes open later in the afternoon, so... we napped! It was a beautiful day, I got some sun, actually I got sunburned. And Jeff got to do what his heart desired, he idled around Atwood Lake.

I have canning to do today. I have tomatoes ready to do another batch of salsa, I have red beets ready, and I have beans (the LAST of the season) and I have a boat load of zucchini. I made 3 batches of zucchini bread on Friday, ummm yummy! So as you can see I have a busy day ahead of me.

Jordan will be returning home from Virginia today. He went to visit Micah. He will come home, play golf with NewPointe's golfing league, pack his car and leave for Indiana tomorrow. I cannot believe this kid, running, running, running. He leaves for California on Thursday, and his 21st Birthday is this Wednesday. I'd like to know how I got so stinkin inkin old? My kids don't seem to realize that I get older just as they do, so I think I'd like to slow that progress down a bit. Micah will be 24 next month, I have one teenager left... until March, then Chris will be 20! Whew! Move over for granny...

I am still waiting to hear about the manuscript. Bummer. I received an e-mail from the people I sent the short story to for the Gary Chapman/Jim Bell book, just saying that she received it and looked forward to reading it. I won't know about that one until November... I have to finish/polish the one for the other Jim Bell book. It is due by the 24 of August.

I began shopping around for ideas for what I should wear to the Moravian Women's Conference. I know it's a long time away, but I am one of those goofy people that likes to PLAN. I saw Lisa Troyer at the mall and told her why I was there. She will be there too (at the conference). She didn't come out and say it, but I think she though it was a bit early to plan that. Ha! I have to make sure everything matches... remember? That could take a while. I am sure I have something in one of my totes downstairs that I could wear since I have clothes in size ranges of 5/6 to 16. I am in the 10-12 range at the moment, hoping to be a 10 by the middle of October... we'll see.

I don't have a lot of exciting stuff for this post. Sorry. I guess I should take that as a sign that I need to get busy around here. Start adding water to my canners, wash jars, chop veggies, yippee...

1 comment:

Tina said...

oooohhhhhh, I'd love some yummy salsa, nothing better than the fresh homecanned stuff.
I'm sure God is using you and your writing in ways you can't anticipate so I'll be anxious to hear when you get some feedback.
Blessings
T