Tuesday, June 17, 2008

A happy mom's heart

I know that I've said it before, but there is just something about having your children under the same roof that makes your feel secure. Micah came home on Sunday evening. He actually met us out at the lake to zip around on our little boat. Jordan was wake boarding, and Chris and Micah took turns driving the boat. Jeff and I watched from the beach. It was a nice day.


Micah will only be home till Tuesday (today) and then he's going back to VA. he has to get back to work. It's been nice as I said before.

We got Jeff a new gas grill for Father's day. Chris picked it up and assembled it last night. It's pretty nice. Can't wait to use it.

Writing is going pretty well. I was editing some things yesterday. I sent one article out to some of you to critique, so please let me know what you think. I may have located another editor too. We'll see. Sometimes it amazes me at how God orchestrates things. I had someone leave a message on one of my many comment spots. I think I have four things where you can do that now... Anyway this person's wife may be willing to give me a hand. I am praying, but I surely want God's perfect will in this.

I spent several hours working on re-writes yesterday. I have cut down one article by almost 800 words. That was really hard, because I liked the story the way it was, but at 3533 words that is just to long for any periodical. So... back to the chopping today. Please be praying.
What I really need is to finish my manuscript. I need a powerful anointing to finish that. I am supposed to have it to one of the publishers in the next 3 weeks....I really need prayer for that one.

I am still gathering information about a women's conference. I think maybe it will be in the fall like October maybe. We'll see. If God wants this to be it will be. I am excited, I just need to meet with the right people, to get the right information. Prayer, prayer and then a little more prayer.
Our small group got together last week and we made up baskets to take to the homeless shelter. I found out yesterday that we have more money available to our group, so look out Dollar Tree here we come! It has been a lot of fun to get this stuff and put it together. It makes you feel like you are doing something worthwhile. I can't wait to deliver all of this stuff. We are going to have a cook out at the shelter with all of the residents too. How fun will that be! The Big Give at NewPointe has been a real powerful motivator for our small group.
I could sit here all day and blog till my hearts content, but I do have other things that must get done. I need to get moving!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks. Im Inspired again.

Tina said...

It was good to see you on Sunday. We are back in town, believe it or not, this weekend and I hope we see eachother again.
I'm praying for you about the writing. Keep pursuing it all. I believe God will continue to open doors for you in this area.
T