Thursday, April 16, 2009

Another God opportunity

I just got back from a meeting with some people about a new ministry in this area called Off the Wall Ministries. This group of people that I met with today seem to really have a heart to serve God and a desire to reach out to the youth in this community. Please be praying for this group as they stretch their faith and their opportunities to reach souls for Christ.

It seems that so much has been happening in my life in the last several months. I feel like I'm going to burst at the seams. My decision to let God take my heart by surprise in 2009 has been right where God wanted me to be. I have tried to let God lead and I'll simply follow, but when God opens a door, or at least puts a door in my path, I feel I must either knock on that door or miss a possible opportunity for God to use me.

My job at SpringHaven is wonderful. I love the people I work with and the opportunity to pray for those I meet. I hope that as I am there longer that God is able to use me, and that I can be a blessing to those I come in contact with.

My boys are all gone. It's nice to have a clean house again. I love my guys and miss them terribly when they are gone, but it's much easier to clean up after 2 people than it is for 4 or 5. I will get to have 2 of them home again for a few days next week as the school year will end on Wednesday. Jordan will be leaving on the 29th for Zambia so please pray for him as I have asked before. Chris is still praying for God's will in his life and searching for just the right place to work this summer. He put in a few applications when he was home, and will look again next week. He will be taking May term classes so will be gone until May 18. If anyone has any jobs for a 20 year old STRONG guy, please let me know! Jordan is searching for a summer job as well. He is trying to get into a hospital in the Marion, IN area, but would be willing to go where ever a job opens up. He'll be gone until May 22, but is available after that.

Please continue to pray for the upcoming Women's Retreat at Jerusalem Church next Thursday evening. See blog entry below this for more information.

Gotta get busy around here, the laundry awaits...

1 comment:

Tina said...

It sound as though God is moving so clearly in your life. I'm a bit envious as I've been seeking and doing best to be open to His leading and not really moving in any direction. I'm so happy for you and how God is using you.
I recieved your email about the writers workshop at NPCC and am going to pass it on to a good friend too.
Blessings
T