Thursday, October 2, 2008

Nothing much to say

I have a terrible way of complaining about people not updating their blogs often, and here I am not having updated since September 20...

I can't say I have a lot to blog about at the moment, but I'll give it a "whirl" and maybe something I say will either touch a nerve, or make someone laugh!?

It certainly feels like Fall is here with a vengeance this morning it's cooooold out there! Brrrrrr. I'm sure that that will cause the leaves to turn color more rapidly. I don't think there was frost last night, but it was really cold. I'll try to go out and take a picture of the house and the trees to post on here, just so you can get an idea of what I see on a daily basis.
Since I am mostly done with the canning, I am getting the itch to do some crafty stuff in preparation for Christmas. I have quilting to finish from last year. I pieced a bunch of things to give as gifts, but I never quilted them, so I need to finish those. I also want to get busy in the "guest room". I have yet to even clean it because I have been busy working on canning and meetings for my father to arrange medicaid, and home health care... it's been a pain (rabbit trail) any way, I need to get my creativity flowing again.

I have most of the stuff I need to do the room, I just have to tear off the boarder, scrub the walls, paint here are a few more pictures of the stuff I have collected for the room: The paint color is on the far left it is called Homestead Resort Pale Olive I am using quilts to pick up the colors that I will accent with. These pictures are a bit blurry, but I think you can get the idea. I absolutely loved the way a friend of mine Tina at http://surroundingsdesign-tina.blogspot.com March 4, 2008 posting and her friend Vernita decorated with the quilts. In the picture titled Showcase your collection. I have these three quilts (on the right) I purchase on e-bay, along with three more I already have in the linen cupboard that I intend to use.
I am pretty excited and I hope everything will all come together in actuality, like it is in my head. The furniture that I will use is so far all antique. You can see a portion of the chest of drawers in the above picture, and here are two other pieces I will be using. My great-grandfather made these two

pieces. So far I have everything all stacked up or in the closet here, but I intend to get to it in the next few weeks. I'll post a finished picture when I get it done. I want to have it done by Thanksgiving. Micah will be home along with Jordan and Chris, and that is the room Micah will be staying in. So, I guess that will give me about 7 weeks to finish it. I still need to find twin beds. I have one mattress, but nothing else.

I just remembered that I have an antique rocker in the barn loft that will be a perfect match for the room. It was given to me by an old friend about 20 years ago. Ok, now I am getting excited. I want to go start working on the room, but I can't. I have to go into work at our business. Blah!


Bummer, I need to get moving! Hopefully something of my progress to post soon!


1 comment:

Tina said...

Wow, looks like you have all the makings of wonderful room. Thanks for mentioning my decorating blog. I haven't spent alot of time decorating because I'm still in this little apartment, but in my mind, I decorate my dream house daily.
Can't wait to see the progress.
T