Monday, May 25, 2009

Happy Memorial Day

This is probably a good thing, but I cannot believe how busy we have been this weekend. We just passed the 9 year mark since Liz's death this weekend. That is a difficult date to get past, but as I said on facebook, God's grace is sufficient! We once again have survived and we shall continue to thrive and grow. God has a magnificent plan!!!!

I am so blessed!

Christopher got home on Wednesday and is officially a junior in college! He just finished May term.

Jordan got home Thursday evening from Zambia, Africa. What stories he has and how God touched him while he was there! IT truly was life changing for him. Thank you all for your contributions. Whether they were financial, or prayer or both we are MOST grateful! He is healthy and happy. He will be leaving next weekend for Evansville, IN. for his job at St. Mary's hospital. Thank God he found a job!

Micah is doing great in VA. HE will celebrate his second anniversary at Cornerstone Chapel on June 1. Once again, God is good!

Here on the home front we have our garden in (except for my beets and the potatoes...I know those should be in. Oh well. We now have two kinds of corn, three kinds of beans, two kinds of peas, two kinds of onions, carrots, Brussels sprouts, cucumbers, thyme, basil, parsley, catnip, cilantro, peppers, tomatoes, rhubarb, zucchini... and of course weeds!

We got all of the flowers in and all of the flower beds cleaned out, and mulched. We have put the red mulch on this year. Something different for a change. We didn't go hog wild on flowers. so the colored mulch helps brighten it up.

We had my mother over for lunch yesterday, and will be leaving shortly for a cookout. We also attended two graduation parties on Saturday.... whew! No wonder I'm tired. I will be meeting a friend for coffee tomorrow, going to calling hours for another friend's father. I will work tomorrow afternoon/evening at SpringHaven. Funeral on Wednesday, collapse on Thursday (ha) like I will have time to do that.

I have writing to do!!!!! My conference was wonderful. God has now provided a friend to work with me on Through my Tears. Continue to pray for that! This is an amazing job that God has placed in front of me, and I am ever so grateful for my friend that is helping me as well as my writing group! We are sponsoring a writer's seminar on June 26-27. Watch the paper and also listen for the ads on 95.9 FM... if I get me self in gear!

I better scoot. We have to leave in a few minutes! Happy Memorial Day!

A Huge Thank You to all of the Veterans! God Bless YOU!!

1 comment:

Tina said...

Oh you have been a busy lady. Wonderful things along with remembering. Your boys seem like they are doing well and headed for big things. I have a friend who would be interested in that writers conference. I'm gonna tell her about it.
Blessings
T