Saturday, March 28, 2009

It's the weekend

It is early Saturday morning, and I am awake and already been on the computer for 30 minutes. I guess I have a lot on my mind this morning.

My first week at work went great. I worked a long day yesterday. Started at eight and got off at 5:30 whew... I am so out of sync. All though it was a really good day. I did a lot of things yesterday, including my first staff meeting. I have now met all of the counselors that I will be working with. I am so glad that I can put faces with the names. Thanks for making me welcome yesterday!

My week has been full of other things as well and part of it has been spent running my Dad back and forth to the hospital. AGAIN. This was about the 23 visit in 26 months... that's getting pretty old let me tell you. Today we get to move all of his belongings out of his apartment and put them into storage. So, my sister, Suzanne and her husband, Tom, my husband Jeff and I get to converge on his apartment this morning to get it done... how fun is that? BLAH. Dad won't have to help, my brother is off gallivanting somewhere so he won't help and all of the grandsons are gone. Oh bother. Can you tell I don't have the best attitude? Just pray for me. No really I need prayer!

I also received a phone call from my friend in Denver that I was going to spend a couple of days with in May. She needed to let me know that she was not going to be able to be there at that date. She had forgotten that she was going to be out of state...bummer. I am not sure what I will do now. I was planning on sharing at a church while there too, but that has fallen through as well since the Pastor is moving away. Double bummer! So, if any church is interested in having me speak on Sunday, May 17 in the Denver area I am now available. I am sure there is a reason for all of this, I am just waiting for God to let me in on it.

I will be at Berlin Mennonite church this Monday evening. Speaking at a women's Bible study that currently meets. I can put you in touch with the woman in charge if you are interested in attending.

I have 46 days until I leave for the Colorado Christian Writers Conference. That means I had better get myself back on track with my diet and get the rest of my weight off.. Monday... that's the day I start again. 20 pounds, yes that same 20 that I have tried to lose so many times before. I'd still like to know why some people get skinny genes, and some get the fat ones. If I had known I would have requested the other!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Think I am obsessed with my weight? I think I am.

OK, so now that I am just blathering, I better go get ready to move my dad.

No comments: