Thursday, August 26, 2010

The missing ingredient

Have you ever found yourself ready to make something, or even have it already made, you check the recipe and realize you have one missing ingredient? I found myself in this exact situation yesterday. I have a "new recipe" I was making for a soup. I have had an abundance of zucchini this year, and I found this recipe that was easy, and fast. I had the ingredients...or so I thought.

I get it all put together, it is simmering on the stove, and I check one last thing in the recipe only to realize that I didn't have fresh mint to put in it. Fresh mint are you kidding me? Who would have thought to put fresh mint in a zucchini soup recipe?

All of that got me to thinking. How many of us think we have our life "recipe" simmering on the stove, only to realize we have a missing ingredient. I suddenly remembered that the most important thing to add to that "dish" that is being prepared is to have my daily cup of fellowship with God and His word.

Have you had your cup today?

No comments: