Thursday, February 19, 2009

I know it's been a while

I was told today that I should have blogged about being sick because no one knew. Well, I didn't... I was to sick to get off the couch, or to pull myself away from the "porcelain bowl" to even care about blogging. Sorry!

Just know that if you have a friend that tells you about having the dreaded stomach virus. HAVE PITY ON THEM! Oh my goodness it was the worst I have felt in 15 years or more. UGH! Today I feel like I can be included among the living.

Enough about that! Whew!!!!

I have been busy today with a few things that didn't take a lot of brain power to do. Lists of stuff to do for Jeff and I (Jeff's idea) making phone calls, receiving phone calls (right Mary?) I was only on the phone with my friend for two or three hours. I think we have the world straightened out. Ha! Well at least I know which jelly beans to bring on the 28 th!

Tomorrow I have two meetings to 'go over' arrangements to speak at two different churches, and as I began typing this a few minutes ago, I received another call to re-book a canceled meeting. Yesterday I received another call to speak at a women's Bible study. So apparently that is what God has been planning. I received the information for the Colorado Christian Writers Conference, in May, but I do not think I'll be able to attend for two different reasons. I have to help cook for Married Life Live, and the possibility of going doesn't look financially feasible or even very smart with the economy the way it is. Our business is so bad, and of course I haven't sold many stories, or had enough speaking engagements to pay for it. So, I'll take that as a "no" from God unless I hear otherwise.

I do have a couple of possible irons in the fire, or stories in the works that I may submit to a couple of periodicals. We'll see what I can come up with, or rather what God inspires.

I just went back an looked through my blog to see if I mentioned the Circle of Friends Women's Conference we had on February 7 (see website in my list of friends blogs to the left) We now have a blog Monday through Friday and a daily devotional on those same days. Please check it out. A couple of my friends and I work pretty hard to post those for everyone to take advantage of. Give me some feedback after you check it out OK????

Getting back to the Conference. Sheila Walsh was our speaker, and the COF Worship Team along with a band from England did the worship. It was a phenomenal weekend. I was so blessed to have been a part of such a great conference. If you check out the COF site you can see pictures of the conference, and all it takes to put one of these events together. We had a lovely published devotional, called "A Place To Belong" sharing life with circle of friends. There were 31 different women that contributed a devotional to be included in that book, and also the COF worship team put together a wonderful worship CD to go along with it. I had the privilege of working with a group of women headed up by a friend of mine, by the name of Missy H. We worked for months to prepare this devotional, and get just the right ones in the book. Please check it out too! They make wonderful gifts, as well as something for yourself.

I also have been in touch with the woman that is in charge of the CCWC and the Greater Philadelphia Christian Writers Conference. Her name is Marlene Bagnull. She came to our are area last March and had a writer's seminar. It was amazing. That was where I got interested in the Colorado Conference. Anyway, I am trying to work with my writing group here and we are trying to organize another seminar for Marlene to speak at, possibly in June sometime. Keep watching my blog for more information.

I have mentioned having a facebook account before. It is so cool to be able to connect with old friends. I seem to find new people to add to my list almost every week. I'm pretty excited about that. Friends from college, friends from several of the high schools I went to (four different ones from just ninth grade, (Ontario, Rootstown, New Phila, San Antonio Texas' Theodore Roosevelt, and back to New Phila) but eleven schools all together. I made a lot of friends, in a lot of places.

If you're an old friend, check out my facebook. Maybe we can reconnect.

Well, it's been a long day so I'm gonna end here! See ya.

No comments: