Wednesday, February 24, 2010

An awesome opportunity

Hello friends!

It has been a bit too long since I have taken the time to blog. Obviously I have been busy. God has provided another opportunity to share our story. This time over the airwaves. Tomorrow, Thursday and the following day, if you tune into The Light 95.9 WNPQ, or in Columbus, at 91.5 WHKC rdio you will be able to listen to the Circle of Friends radio program and hear Kathy Cutshall and myself as we share the tragic stories of the deaths of our daughters.

Although Kathy and I just met as we gathered to do this program, we shared the the common factor of both of our daughters having been murdered. For those of you that do not know, our daughter, Liz, and her friend were abducted at a local video store back in May of 2000. Through many difficult moments and tragic circumstances, Liz died that night. Through a MIRACLE of GOD, her friend lived, and was able to lead authorities to the place where our Liz was found. As well as identifying the man that killed Liz, and nearly killed her friend. I am not going to tell the entire story here, but I will encourage you to tune into the program over the next two days.

Yes, it was truly a time of tears, and yet the presence of God was with us as we shared with each other and other friends in preparation for these programs. I hope that you will take advantage of the opportunity to listen. If you are reading this before the programs are broadcast, I ask you that you will be praying for everyone listening to this program, and pray for Kathy and I and our families as well.

Kathy and her husband, Chris, lost their daughter Lindsay, to a murder in 2004. Both Lindsay and her fiance, Jason were murdered in their sleep on a deserted beach in California. The perpetrator of that murder has not been found. Although it has been speculated that a man that was a major suspect in that case died in a shoot out, it still has not been proven who actually committed the double murder.

So, as you can imagine, this program will pretty emotional. The encouraging news is how God has been able to use these tragic stories to bring something beautiful and glorifying to Him.

Blessings to you all!

Becki

2 comments:

Tina said...

In the process of the move to NY, I didn't have the opportunity to hear you and your friend on the radio.
That you continue to share your journey with others is so inspiring and humbling to see.
Bless you ,my dear and I thought of you yesterday as I thoughtfully placed the framed quilt square from you in my bathroom. It fits beautifully.
Love ya
T

Tamika: said...

Wow, I am without words. I hate that I missed the broadcast, but I trust that is was a blessing for all the listeners.

Keep allowing the Lord to use you.