Monday, December 10, 2007

Just a pile of thoughts.

My #2 son, Jordan, sent me this the other day. Click on the link to watch it. http://www.elfyourself.com/?id=1171055534 appearing in the following order :Chris, Micah, Jordan and Buzz. I laughed pretty hard. I guess at least one of my family is in the Christmas mood. Although Jordan has been listening to Christmas music since September, and decorated his dorm room too. Maybe there is a little bit of me in him after all.

The college son's are having finals, two for Jordan today and one for Chris, then two more for Jordan tomorrow, and one for Chris,. Wednesday only one for each of them. It's hard to believe that school is half way over for them. I don't like to admit it, but I am getting used to doing laundry for only two of us! It more than doubles when they're home. Last night at our Small group we had a small gathering, but we did have fun. We went to Denise's house. We had lots of yummy Christmassy goodies, and played the game "Apples to Apples" I had never played it before. It was fun! Even Jeff liked it and he isn't a "gamey" kind of guy. He even suggested that we play games this Friday night for our company party. Huh, wonders never cease.

Right now I wish I was two people. I have so much that I want to do, but there doesn't seem to be enough hours in the day. I still haven't finished my projects from last week. I intend to get them done then take pictures... HONEST! I do have a clean closet and drawers now. Yes, not that I intended to do that, but we needed to snake out the bathtub drain and naturally the access is in MY closet! Ugh. But hey, it looks really nice now. I only need to get rid of the pile of summer clothes in front of my dresser.
I wish I was able to make all of the things I'd like to make for all the people in my "circle of friends and loved ones". I have enough stuff in my basement that I could make gifts all year for next year and still have stuff down there for the following year.

I had a pretty cool experience on my way to church yesterday. I was half thinking half praying, and I felt the Lord urge me to seek out a couple of people. Apparently it really was a God thing because the one person was standing right outside the door of the "Sanctanasium" (Sanctuary-Gymnasium). I took that from the Lord as "I told you so". I also saw one person that was on my heart that doesn't even attend our church. That's
cool!
John had a terrific message. (www.newpointe.org). Maybe God was speaking to a lot of people yesterday. Listen to the message and you'll see what I mean.

Well, I've covered enough topics to make every one's head spin, so I think I'll go watch Seinfeld with Jeff!

No comments: