Friday, December 7, 2007

Weeellll, it's been awhile

I really have worked on a blog or two since I last posted, but decided that those words were meant just for me, so I didn't post! Sorry. But I'm back for now...
I have been soooooo busy in the last month. I have been making Christmas gifts. Yes, all the bragging about what I wanted to do to prepare for Christmas, well, I have actually been doing a lot of them. I have busily been cutting and piecing quilted items. It has been so fun! I have not quilted or even pieced a quilt for a few years, and I forgot how much fun it is. It is very time consuming, but I am taking a short cut by machine quilting the pieces. So any of you that get one of my "creations" remember that I am a little rusty. Some of the pieces are not exactly perfect, but they are stitched with love! As soon as I finish a couple of them I'll take a picture and post it. I have begun to do some baking, and will do more this week in preparation for our Christmas party for our employees next Friday. I am doing the cooking for it, so I am planning the menu and the decorating for that evening, as well as doing the quilting. I have also wrapped the gifts that I have so far. I feel slightly ahead of where I normally am at this point.

I love Christmas! I'm probably worse than a kid. I have done all the decorating myself. I had my boys and my husband haul out the decorations down from the barn loft the day after Thanksgiving. That is the end of their help, except for Jeff, he did put his ONE favorite ornament on the tree.
See the picture of it ------------->

Jeff's grandparents had this, and after Mamie Jane died in 1982, we were able to get some old ornaments this has a little spinner that moves from the heat of a light it's pretty cool. Anyway that is my husbands handy work! I am a kook when it comes to decorating. I still have some decorations to put up outside. Maybe I'll get to it tomorrow.
It's been snowy the past three days, so it's really putting me in the mood for Christmas. I know I'm a little obsessed. Just pray for me!
Two of the boys will be coming home this week. Jordan and Chris have finals Monday thru Wednesday, then will come home after their last final on Wednesday morning. WOO-HOO! Micah will be coming home LATE on Christmas eve. His last service will be over around 10 p.m. and then he'll hit the road! I can't wait!

I've been a little under the weather today, feeling kinda "pukey". I was supposed to spend the afternoon with my sister. We were going to make to-from cards for our gifts. This is a big endeavor for my sister. She is not real active in the craft department, but she ordered a set of Christmas stamps when I had my Stampin' Up party. Anyway, I had to cancel at the last minute (bummer) so' we'll try to do it another day. My nephew Sean will be coming home from Costa Rica this Thursday. He has been there since the end of August going to school. He is a student at Mount Vernon, and was doing a semester of study down there. He is a Spanish major as well as a Youth Pastor major.
I better run... things to do, crafts to make... decorations to decorate...
Ahhhh, it's good to be back!

No comments: