Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Happy New Year

Happy New Year everyone! Yes, once again we will have to train ourselves to write 2008. For Pete sake I still found myself writing '06 a couple of times before '07 was over! I guess it's a "mind-set" that I need to practice. Of course if I was good a that I guess I wouldn't have to worry so much.



I think that I mentioned in my last blog that 2008 is going to be a year of "finishing" for me. Over the past week and a half I have been looking into a lot of options for myself. I am not going to go into anything until I know that I have something to actually blog about. I seem to have worked myself into a lovely little rut that is about 12 feet deep, and the ladder that I have is only a little three foot step stool. As most of you know, I am NOT TALL, so with my 5'2" frame and my three foot ladder I'm a little shy of reaching the top of my rut.



Christmas was wonderful! It was so good to have my family all together. Micah got home at about 3:40 a.m Christmas morning. He and I talked for about 45 minutes, then he opted out for a little sleep. He said that all four Christmas Eve services went real well and he heard some positive comments from a few people in the congregation as he walked through the church. That really made his day. He had been pretty worried. Pastor Gary and several other pastors and their families commented too. He went back home on Friday afternoon, his youngest brother and cousin Sean went too. Sean and Chris will be coming home today. (Sean drove too)



Jordan and Chris will be leaving on Monday to go back to IWU. Then Jeff and I will be back to our "just the two of us" stage in life. I will probably take down all of my Christmas decorations before the guys leave. In my mind if I don't take down the decorations, Christmas won't end....???? NOT! I usually take them down on New Years, but will work on it tomorrow. (I have the Scarlett O'Hara attitude)

My guys had a good Christmas too. Jordan got a deer on Sunday night. His brothers were a bit envious. So far Jordan is the ONLY one that got a deer this year. I tried really I did! Have you noticed how hard it is to shop for your children after they are "adults"? I think they knew everything they were getting. It used to be so much fun to get them gifts (toys especially) and see how excited they would get. Now, excitement is at a minimum. They pick out most of their own stuff. Oh the pain of it all.... kids growing up!



I am not one for making resolutions. Why you ask? I have problems finishing things remember????? I resolved to finish things. Ideas, projects, education, and what ever else strikes my fancy. Did you notice that I never posted pictures of the quilted projects that I boasted about? Know why? I never got them done. I will work on them after the kids are gone when I can set up the table and keep it up till I'm done. I started a couple of other small projects too. I forced myself to finish those. I plan to finish the Christmas ham today (thank God ham keeps) all of the other "left-overs are long gone. See I'm trying.



I am looking forward to the "Our Circle of Friends" Women's conference. www.ourcircleoffriends.org Check it out! It'll be February 15-16. Their speaker will be Carol Kent. She is very good. I've heard her before at Women's Anew several years ago. If you are interested get tickets ASAP! There will be special seminars and everything. (Tina will have a special one see:http://theartfullife-tina.blogspot.com/) Just to peak your interest.



I have so much to say, but don't know when I'll actually have something worth posting. Just keep me in your prayers! I truly want to be an instrument of God. I want to walk in obedience, be led by the Spirit, and when people look at me I want them to see God not me. Well Lord, you have a big job ahead! I am really glad that God loves me, otherwise He might give up on me.

No comments: