Sunday, January 6, 2008

What will 2008 bring?

So far 2008 had brought some interesting things. I have made some re-connections with people from college that I haven't seen or spoken with in almost 28 years. I have been searching for my college transcripts. That is tough for me because the college that I attended is no longer around. It was only around for seven years anyway. I talked to the man that was the Dean of Students on Friday. That in itself was a real feat. I had googled all of my prof's to no avail. I assumed that they were all scattered hither and yon. Then I found a "my space" from a past student from HSEC (Heritage School of Evangelism and Communication) I read a little blurb about Hugh and that he was working part time for a "periodical" so I took a chance and e-mailed the periodical. Lo and behold, I received a phone call from Hugh on Friday. WOW! That was amazing. It was pretty cool talking to him after so many years have passed. The only problem was, he didn't have the best news for me. He said that when he left the school in "87 the files were spread all over the place. Then he heard from this other person that someone found them in the garbage and salvaged at least some of them. I e-mailed the person that had some of them in her possession, but have not heard back from her as of yet. What a roller coaster! I only need the transcripts so that I can take more classes to get my certification... UGH! I had no idea how tough it was gonna be just to get information.

Nevertheless, I won't get to discouraged because I have made connections that had been lost for so many years. I am hoping to make a few more, and possibly even arrange a reunion. That would be a lot of fun! So if anyone reads this and you were a student at HSEC please contact me!

Well the day that I have been dreading is upon me... my boys go back to school tomorrow. I am NOT looking forward to them being gone (although I won't miss the extra messes or laundry) It's pretty dull around here without them.

I have begun working on a scrapbook for my sister-in-law Debbie. She and her husband Russ are having a surprise birthday party for Russ's dad. He'll be 85 on Saturday. So, my days have been full of pictures of people I don't know, but I'm having fun cause I love to scrapbook!

I certainly hope that this week will bring with it some more interesting things. The things that God spoke to me last June, are beginning to come about. Please keep Jeff and I in your prayers as we explore new avenues that God seems to be putting before us. It's exciting and scary all at the same time. I know what God said to me, I am waiting for Jeff to get the same message. I am keeping my mouth shut (believe it or not!) It will most definitely have to be God for any of the things to come to pass!!!!!

I'll keep praying, and working, and hoping, and ......

No comments: