Thursday, April 24, 2008

Homework for old folks like me...

My boys are now home from college, Woo-hoo I am pretty happy! I am done with laundry for Jordan, and Chris brought home CLEAN CLOTHES! Bless his heart!


I have a lot of my spring cleaning started and am waiting for the strength to complete the remainder. It smells so nice with all clean curtains, bedding freshly laundered and hung outside to dry, and windows thrown open to catch the balmy breezes. Yes, I said balmy! It's mid 70's and sunny, low humidity. Perfect! Unusual for April in Ohio.



My youngest son, Chris was just chuckling about all of the "homework" I have to do concerning the writers conference that I will be attending. I am LEARNING to write queries, and book proposals, as well as letters to find an agent. I have been working for the past five hours on that, and I mean writing, with a pen and paper...whew, writers cramp! Some of these things are very overwhelming, and my inexperience weighs heavily on my shoulders...



Speaking of weighing, I have now lost 14 pounds! I am almost 1/3 of the way to my goal. I have been doing very well and not cheating at all! That is a real testimony. I realize that I would only be cheating myself, and I don't want to do that. My current goal is to have 25 pounds off by the time I go to the conference in Colorado on May 14. If I happen to be down more than that I would be ecstatic! Hmmm, I may need to dig out some of my size 10's from years ago yippee!!!!!!!!!!!



It is so nice to see our doggie feeling a little better. He has been pretty "owie" the past few days. In typical beagle fashion he decided to eat something while he, (Buzz) Jeff and I were walking around the farm the other night. He does this about 3-4 times a year, and then he really suffers for it, he can't climb up into his favorite chair, he has a hard time climbing the stairs (he follows me everywhere I go all day long)... poor puppy!





It's going to be so nice having most of my family around the table for dinner for the next four months. The boys have agreed to eat healthy like Jeff and I are doing, so tonight I will be making the Chicken Luau Kebobs complete with chicken breasts, fresh pineapple cubes, onions, and green pepper in a marinade of lemon juice, ginger, garlic and black pepper! Ummmmm.

I better get busy this needs to marinate for a while!

1 comment:

Tina said...

mmmmm, those kabobs sound delish! Congrats on your weight loss. Please share with me about this program. I'm so frustrated trying to lose right now. Enjoy your fam. I really enjoyed catching up via blog world