Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas is over already?

Why is it that you work so long and so hard for something that is over in a flash? I absolutely love Christmas, but even if you decorate at Thanksgiving, it is still over way to soon. I don't want to take the decorations down, I'd like to leave them up for at least another month...that won't happen. I guess with the break in the weather I should take down the outside stuff. It's so pretty. I'll leave the tree up for another week.

Micah went back to Virginia this afternoon. He slept much better on the new mattress. It's hard to believe he's been here and gone already. He really had fun shopping for all of us this year. I got a cast iron pot (I've wanted one for years)It's gonna be great. It's an Emeril pot! And I also got a real chef's knife. It's REAL SHARP! I also got a wonderful set of knives and block to put them in from Chris. I got a new keyboard for the computer from Jordan.I am still getting used to it. The keys are more like they are on a laptop (flat) and real quiet. I can actually come down and type in the middle of the night and not wake Jeff up "clacking" away.

Jeff got me a bunch of stuff from Christopher and Banks (my favorite store in the Mall) he got me a gift certificate too, and when we were at the mall yesterday to watch a movie, we went shopping and I spent my "wad" so I'll have to wear new stuff to church tomorrow. Since NewPointe is not having services, we are going to go to church with Chris down in Uhrichsville. It'll be nice to see old friends we don't see often.

Chris and a couple of friends are getting ready to cook deer steaks over an open fire. They have red potatoes, and veggies and who knows what else. It's going on 9 PM and they are cooking? I'm gonna head upstairs to bed. I bought some old movies as stocking stuffers, and I got one for myself. Sleepless in Seattle. It's one of my all time favorites, so Jeff will have to watch a "chick flick" he'll humor me since I watch his movies all the time.

Well it is Sunday now, so I'll finish this so I can post since it's been too long between postings.
we had deer steaks for lunch today after church. They were really yummy. I never thought I'd hear myself saying that, but they really were good. So tender, and such a mild flavor. I don't really care for strong meat.

I am about ready to take a nap, it's my traditional day for napping. I have to say that I have a Facebook page, and I am so excited. I have made contact with so many long lost friends and past roommates from college and beyond. Yesterday I found a family that I have known for about 25 years that I haven't seen for about 5 years. It was so fun to make contact! Hi Amy, Karen, Melanie and Carmen!

I found out just before Christmas that the other story I submitted did not make the cut for the book. I was pretty bummed out, but my writing group really liked the story and encouraged me to continue to submit it to other places, so next week I'll start over. I have to work on Through The Tears also. I need to re-write it and have Lee help me do the line by line edit. Maybe I'll have it ready to submit to Howard Publishing in May. They were very interested last year and said if I'm not published by this May to let them know....

What a beautiful day it is today. Windy, but beautiful! The sun is shining, and it looks warm. Jeff was out earlier in his "sun booth" trying to catch a few rays. He cracks me up when he does that.

I am trying to get my brain wrapped around that 2008 is drawing to an end! I am just getting used to writing 2008, now I get to be corrected each and every time I write it wrong...2009 WOW! I'll be 49 this year. I CANNOT believe I'm that old. (my kids can, and they love to comment about Jeff and I being old). Of course I comment about Jeff's age since he's 53 already!

This year will be the year that I no longer have any teenagers. Chris will be 20 in March! Liz would have been 26 on March 20. Then in August, Jordan will be 22 and September, Micah will be 25...INCREDIBLE. How did they get that old???????

I guess I need to take it one day at a time. Let's get through the end of 2008, and have our pork and kraut to begin 2009. Then I'll think about what is next. Have a great rest of the weekend.

No comments: