Thursday, April 1, 2010

Ouchie!

OK, so my March ended a bit rough. On Tuesday morning my husband, Jeff, thought it would be a good idea to go up into the attic at work (our own business) to switch an exhaust over to another line, and while he was dancing across the 2x6 trusses, he lost his balance, his foot slipped and his feet went through the the ceiling, but his rib cage broke his fall, right on the edge of a 2x6... consequently breaking three ribs and bruising his lung. They had to do a CAT scan to make sure he had no internal injuries...Thank God there were none!

So, I now know that I would make a lousy nurse! My son, Jordan, definitely does not get his nursing abilities from me. My compassion has gone down the tubes, and I have to pray many times a day for God to help me to be nice. If he would just do what he is supposed to do, I might not get as upset with him. He seems to think that he should be feeling better... NO ONE told him he would at this point in time, matter of fact, everyone has told him the polar opposite, it's gonna be a long time before he feels good.

Any and all prayers would be appreciated!

I'll keep you all posted on any improvements, or any problems.

2 comments:

Tamika: said...

Ouch! Becki, I'm praying for you and your family.

These unexpected accidents are never an easy transition.

God bless!

Wesley G. Vaughn said...

How is Jeff doing now? I hope he fully recovers. It's OK to baby him a little as long as it's not "Mother Smother."