Friday, May 8, 2009

Gearing up

Well, it's gonna be a really busy weekend and week. I have been preparing for a L-O-N-G time to go the the Colorado Christian Writers Conference. I will be catching my plane on Wednesday morning, and returning the following Monday. I am so excited. I wish I had gotten more writing done, but my schedule has been crazy for the past several weeks. I know I am a procrastinator in some ways, but I still have the OCD habit of list making and preparing for SOME things.

To bad it's not more prevalent in some of my other situations... Oh well!

I received a hastily written e-mail from Jordan on Wednesday. He is fine and having an amazing time of opportunity to work in the hospitals and help set up a new clinic a couple of hours away from where they have been. For those of you that have been praying I thank you from the bottom of my heart (well actually all of my heart, not just the bottom). Please continue. If you have not been praying I ask that you start!

This will be the first time in 26 years that I will not have any of my children home for Mother's Day. It's kind of rough and makes me want to cry, but I know that I'll see at least 2 of them in the next couple of weeks.

All of a sudden I feel like bawling my head off..... I'll be right back.

Sorry!

Ok, I think I have collected myself for the moment.

Back to reality. I just received an e-mail about my transportation from Denver Airport. It seems that I will be riding with a woman (she shall remain nameless for the moment) that is a pretty experienced writer and speaker!

Hmmmm, Lord did You set this up????? Perhaps I'll be able to glean from this opportunity. Hallelujah Lord and thanks! Marjorie I appreciate your efforts to find me transportation. Way cool!

My mind is so full, but my tired body is arguing with it and I think the body is winning out. I'll try to post again before I leave. If any of my regular devotional writers have any submissions please send them ASAP. If you would like to submit a devotional to be posted on the Circle of Friends web site please let me know. You can e-mail me at reisermama@yahoo.com for our submission guidelines for information and format. I'd love to hear from some of you!

No comments: