Monday, November 10, 2008

Fun fun fun











The party was a raging success! Mary was so surprised, the ho-ho cake was reeeeallllllly yummy! I got to see Mary's nephew Chase (seen here in these pictures) he is affectionately called "Festus" he is one of the cutest kids!

Behind Mary are two of her sisters -in-law, and another niece (Maggie on the left) and her newest niece Katie was the youngest attendee at 8 weeks. Another niece Emma (on the far right) was there as well. It was so much fun!







Here are pictures of the group that surprised her! I have never seen Mary speechless...until then!



The ho-ho cake is seen here with Mary's favorite scrapbook phrase emblazoned on it! Slap it down and move on!


I made a boat load of cards, and to/from tags. I didn't do any scrap booking.

I have to include this picture of Mary's sister Carol and Chase. Poor little guy thought he'd stick his fingers in Mary's "Queen Jean cheesecake" and we all hollered, and he burst into tears, I felt so bad, but I thought this picture was so sweet I had to include it!

Carol is expecting her second baby in the early spring, so little Festus is gonna be a big brother! Awwww...

Well I have shared a portion of my weekend with you. I hope you enjoyed it, I sure did.

Today I went to a new writer's group at my friend Sally's house. I have been invited several times over the past few months but have never taken advantage of the opportunity until today. I went with a bit of nervous anxiety, but came home very encouraged. The woman that is leading this group has agreed to help me with my book! I e-mailed it to her about three weeks ago, and today she gave me some feedback! I look forward to working with her. She has already given me suggestions that will help it to flow better (Tina, I'll send you the un-edited version)

Well, that's the news for the moment. I have so much to do in the next couple of weeks to get ready for all of my guys to come home for Thanksgiving, so I may not be blogging as much, but I'll try to keep you posted on the newest happenings.

1 comment:

Tina said...

Oh, I can't wait to read your book! Thanks for taking the time to send it to me. I'm honored.
Also, it's nice to see familiar faces in the pics of the party.
Have a great day and I'm thrilled you are joining this writer's group.
T