Wednesday, November 26, 2008

A happy mom

Oh joy! I am one happy mom... all of my guys are home. Jordan and Chris got in about 7 last night, Micah got in at about 4 this morning. I haven't seen Micah yet... Can't wait for the hug when I do see him! He got stuck in a huge snowstorm on the way home so it took him 7 1/2 hours to get here rather than the usual 5 1/2 or 6. I was gone till after 10 last night so I had to wait to see Jordan and Chris. Tonight we are going to have a family picture taken (several actually) It's about time. I have finally decided I have no excuses. Besides I need an updated photo for my profile anyhow!


GriefShare last night was once again amazing. There were 17 of us! We had dinner together, everyone brought something, (We all brought something that was a favorite of our loved one) we actually ran out of room on the table, and had to spread out onto the counter! What a great group we had this time. I always have great groups, but there was just something different with this group. First of all it was the largest group so far, and from the very first meeting everyone was so open to share their hearts with everyone. That is a facilitators answer to prayer!


I am going to post pictures of our group. There was so much happening last night. I had one woman say that the conversations during dinner last night were so good, so healing. Breaking bread together was just what we needed to complete out 13 session cycle.
We had a very good "remembrance service" to go along with the session. Here is our table with pictures, candles, Rosemary (the herb) and the ornaments that I made for each person. They were clear glass, with a white feather (symbolic of an angel's wing) with "Remember" written on them. We need to remember that our loved one in in heaven surrounded by angels singing praises to God! Everyone got up and shared their loved one's picture, and a little about them, lit a candle in honor of their lives, cried a little, and healed a little more.

Next week we will be having the first Surviving the Holidays for GriefShare. I am looking forward to that. We will have room for about 50 or more people, and be viewing the CD on the huge screen in Studio 56. No struggling to see on the tiny TV.

I have million and one things to do today, since I have blogged, now it's only a million! I hope all of you have a wonderful, joy filled Thanksgiving! Remember, no matter what you have gone through, there is ALWAYS something to be thankful for! Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I watched the episode of "I Survived" about Liz and Brandi and visited the discussion board, seeing this link. I was very touched by the story and also by the courage you have to share your story with the world. You're a survivor too! God bless!