Monday, November 3, 2008

I'm voting my heart


I hope this is the plain and simple truth of it!

I have heard time and again that our country needs change...
Well, I agree to a point. There are things that need to change, but I don't think anyone that is elected will be able to make the changes they claim.


This country was founded on fundamental truths, and it was established on Biblical truths. Where have we put those truths? It seems that they have gone down the tubes.


On Friday I spent four hours waiting at Tuscora Park in New Phila. for John McCain to arrive at the rally. I was pretty close to the front, and was pleased that the turn out was about 3000. There were more people, but several left when he was running so late, so who knows how many were really there.


I have certain morals, and I believe that LIFE is the most important. This is an issue that is touchy with a lot of people, but it seems to be pretty simple to me...Thou shall not kill... sound familiar?


I may not have chosen this particular candidate, I had another that I liked better, but I have to vote my heart, and this is the candidate that most closely resembles my values. We must all pray for who ever is the chosen person that will be elected tomorrow.
It is our responsibility to pray for our president.

Have you prayed for the current one? NO? Then you have NO RIGHT TO COMPLAIN!

This is one place where I am free to express my views, it belongs to me, and I do have an opinion. I know that many of you do not agree, and that is your choice. I will not say that you are wrong, I will only state my views here and not argue with anyone!

I urge you to VOTE! It is a God given privilege. Exercise it!

1 comment:

Tina said...

Becki, thanks for sharing your heart. this is America and we are Americans and we get to do that! It's a privelege blood has been shed for. The guy I wanted will not occupy the white house for the next 4 years, but I woke this morning knowing God is still on His throne and that all this is not a surprise to Him. I think I'm more disappointed in the choice our country has made because it says more about us as a nation as to views about life, liberty, and opportunity. It's going to be an interesting term and as for me and my house (as always) We Will Serve The Lord.
T