Friday, November 7, 2008

Moving on with life

After we have finally come to the end of all of the political commercials, phone calls, signs, debates, articles... I find that life goes on as usual. I may not be particularly happy about who our next president is. However, I know as do many of my friends and family that no matter who is in the White House, or for how ever long they will be there (one term or two) God will NEVER change!

No one can make Him any different than He has ever been! Hallelujah! God does have His hands full with all of us anyway. None of us are perfect. No Republican or Democrat, no King, Queen, or any other ruler will ever meet that criteria. Jesus Christ is the one and ONLY that has ever met all of the qualifications. I just happen to be VERY GOOD FRIENDS with Him! Of course, it is not a special group. It is something that is open and available to anyone and everyone! Your choice! If you want to know how let me know, we'll talk.

In moving on I find that I have ever so many things that need to be done. I started canning soup again this morning at 6:00 a.m. I have the second batch in the pressure canner, and a third waiting to be put into jars and processed. I now have: Beef vegetable, 15 bean, Sausage-Lentil, Tortilla, and also just beef that I am canning. It always tastes so good in the winter. I am also going to try something new this year. I am going to can potatoes. I love to do this sort of stuff. It always looks soooooo nice to go to the basement and look at the shelves where I keep all of my home canned food and see what I have accomplished.

Tonight I get to do two things. One is something that brings tears to my eyes, and that is to go to calling hours for a young man that died at the age of 18. It is very tragic circumstances that I will not go into, but I know his Grandmother and Aunt very well, so Jeff and I will go to support and pray for them and the rest of the family.

The second is: I get to go to an all night scrapbook party! WOOHOO. And along with that I get to celebrate MARY'S BIRTHDAY with her !!!!!!!! I'll get to see a lot of friends, possibly hold a baby or two and eat ho-ho cake from Litty's!! Now can you think of anything that could cheer me up more than that? Forget the diet (not that I have done anything to help it this week) I am going to have a blast.

My van is loaded but I still have one very important stop I have to make before I can go play tonight (I can't tell it's a secret) so certain people that always read my blog won't know what they are getting for their Birthday...

My timer is almost ready to go off so I need to end this one here. I have soup that need to be taken off the stove. Ummmmm yummy....

No comments: